Wednesday, August 27, 2008

UBC ESM to open soon

Hello Bernard,

Tom Ross and I are in the process of opening the UBC-ESM again, as an October election looks almost certain. I came across an e-mail that you seem to have sent me (http://bciconcoclast.blogspot.com/2008/08/time-for-ubc-election-stock-market-to.html), which unfortunately never reached me. I just stumbled across your post when I was looking around the web for things to link to on our new http://esm.ubc.ca/CA08/index.php home page for the 2008 UBC-ESM. I'm puzzled as to why your e-mail never reached me, but I suspect the university's new spam filter has something do with it. The esm2006@esm.ubc.ca address is defunct, and we will have a new address esm2008@esm.ubc.ca starting next week. For now, you can reach me at werner@sauder.ubc.ca

Technically, the market will be ready soon, but we still need to get the ethics approval from the powers-that-be. This may take a couple of days. We hope that we will be ready to open the market if, as many expect, an election is called next week.

I've been away for a year on sabbatical until mid July, and my family and I are just settling back into life in Vancouver and UBC.

I trust we can count on you as a trader!

Best regards, - Werner

No comments: