Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Angus Reid Strategies is Polling Today

I know because I was asked to be in the poll, here is the text of the email:

Dear Bernard von Schulmann

Make your opinion count by completing our latest survey today!

Click here to begin

You will receive $1 Survey Dollar in your account for completing this survey. We need your response before 11:59 pm PST on Wednesday, May 6, 2009.

If you are unable to click on the link above, please copy and paste the full URL below into your browser:


If you have any questions or comments about the Angus Reid Forum, please contact us at support@angusreidforum.com

Thank you!

The Angus Reid Forum Team

P.S. We need 250 members to complete this survey. Once we hit this number the survey will automatically close.
The poll was about the election and they did give me my set of candidates locally as my choices of who I would vote for. Lots of questions about the leaders, questions about the most important issues. They also asked about STV. If I have time, I will post some or all of the questions that they asked.

One of my issues about the polls has been the difference between people responding to the polls that they will vote and the number of people that would actually vote. They asked some questions around this, I liked their questions about how likely I am to vote and how regularly I have voted in the past.

They are only taking 250 online responses, I am curious how much bigger they will make the sample.

The question becomes, how representative am I of the general public? Is it realistic that I would be chosen to respond in this online poll? The odds of being in any given telephone poll is about one in four thousand, about a one in four hundred chance of being in a telephone poll during any given election.

No comments: