Thursday, June 11, 2015

Why do I not unsubcribe?

because I have perverse of humour and find these ultra right wing fundraisng letters from US candidates entertaining.  

Here is one for the only Canadian running for US president, Ted Cruz


Cruz For President
Dear Bernard,

I'm about to ask you to make a sacrifice in the next 48 hours. But before I do, I want you to know: I wouldn't ask you if I hadn't already done it myself.

Please let me briefly explain.

You see, running for President of the United States is a significant sacrifice. Only through prayer and many late night discussions with my wife, family, and closest friends did I makeTHE decision.

And I must share with you -- I've committed to sacrificing a great deal for our campaign:
     >>> Time with my family: Spending almost every day on the campaign trail or fighting on the Senate floor means precious little time spent with my wife, Heidi, and my daughters -- the very family that gives me the motivation and drive to fight.
 
     >>> Health and sleep: My runoff campaign for the Senate in 2012 took a toll, but now I'm sacrificing even more sleep with long nights and constant travel. And the pizza diet is a staple on the campaign trail.
 
     >>> Finances: the cost of campaigning back and forth across the country for president is increasingly expensive, but Heidi and I are willing to invest our livelihoods into this sacrifice.
 
     >>> Personal time: You think of this the least, but as a candidate, my days are no longer my own. Days start before dawn and many times don't end until early the next morning. There is almost no personal time when you run for president.
 
Bernard, I've chosen to sacrifice part of mine and my families lives to run for President -- but I think you will agree with me that the sacrifice is well worth it.

Unless courageous conservatives are willing to make tough sacrifices to stand up and fight, we will not be able to restore America.

Today, I'm asking you to make a sacrifice BernardWill you join me by making a special, one-time gift to my campaign?

I've asked my staff to put together these secure links below so you can make an instant and secure sacrificial gift -- it can be done in just 5 minutes.

 I CAN SACRIFICE $35 TO RESTORE AMERICA >> 

 I CAN SACRIFICE $100 TO RESTORE AMERICA >> 

 I CAN SACRIFICE $250 TO RESTORE AMERICA >> 

 I CAN SACRIFICE $1000 TO RESTORE AMERICA >> 
Will you be a courageous conservative and make a special gift today to help restore America? I can only reach this goal with your help.

I wouldn't ask you if 1) I wasn't willing to make the same sacrifice myself; and 2) the stakes weren't so high.

Bernard, time is critical, and if you will, please make this special gift in the next 48 hours -- I would be so grateful.

For liberty,

Ted Cruz

P.S. Bernard, I've chosen to make some steep, necessary sacrifices in our fight to restore America. Will you join me with your gift of $250 or $100? OR if $35 or $10 is a stretch gift for you, I will be grateful for every dollar you can sacrifice and will ensure it is faithfully used.

No comments: