Monday, September 22, 2008

Another Zip Uo Into the Interior

I had to go back up into the interior over the weekend. This gave me a chance to see again how the campaign looked on the ground with signs. A couple of weeks in and it still looks thin on the ground.

The Greens are only in evidence in Saanich - Gulf Islands and Okanagan Shuswap. Given the money effort Huguette Allen is putting into her campaign, I can see her coming second in the race. The NDP had a decent number of signs up in parts of the Okanagan Shuswap and the Liberals had some as well. MP Colin Mayes looks nicely safe.

In the Surrey/Delta areas I am surprised at how few signs there are out there and by how much the Conservatives are winning the sign war. Liberal MP Sukh Dhaliwahl does not have the presence out on the ground that I would have expected for an MP that knows he is in a very marginal riding.

As to Surrey North and Fleetwood Port Kells, I can see little to lead me to believe that anyone other than the Conservatives will win. In Penny Priddy had run for the NDP again, I think that Surrey North could have been an NDP hold.

No comments: