- Jeff Sprague in North Vancouver Lonsdale on April 23rd about a drunk driving allegation
- Ian Tootill in Vancouver False Creek on April 23rd for comments online
- Mischa Popoff in Boundary Similkameen on April 25th for comments online
- Rob Herbert in Vancouver West End on April 28th for comments online
What has also happened in the last two weeks is that BC Conservatives recruited several candidates that were running for BC Vision to run as Conservatives, Raj Gupta in Vancouver Kensington who had been full registered with Elections BC as a BC Vision candidate and Rajiv Pendey in Vancouver Fraserview who was listed on the BC Vision website as a candidate for days after he surfaced as a Conservative. Poaching candidates at the 11th hour from a new minor political party smacks of desperation to me and a sign that the BC Conservatives have no vetting process at all. By the way, if anyone can make sense of what BC Vision is about please let me know, their leader Jag Bhandari (JB) is an "interesting" character.
Mischa Popoff was still listed as the leader for the Individual Rights Party of BC when the party was de-registered on February 13th of this year. Poaching people from a minor party did not start with BC Vision for the Conservatives.
UPDATE at 6:45 PM April 27th - I have been told there is a glitch with Elections BC which relates to the next paragraphs. I will wait to see what the story is because it seems to odd to me that it all happened to BC Conservative candidates. When I learn more I will update again
UPDATE at 10:27 AM April 29th - as of this morning according to Elections BC the candidates below are still not affiliated to the BC Conservatives. They released an updated list of candidates as of 9:45 am this morning. If there was an error on the part of Elections BC I would thought it would been fixed by now. I think Sacha Peter has it right that the party made an error on for 324a. The BC Conservatives have as of now not made any public comment about this issue.
UPDATE at 10:30 AM April 30th - The Vancouver Sun is reporting that Elections BC will not change the non affiliated ballot status of the four Conservative candidates below. It is clear now that someone in the office of the BC Conservatives make an error when submitting their list of candidates and because of that four of them will not have the party endorsement on the ballot.
The vetting problem and poaching from minor fringe parties is not everything. Last night the full candidate list was released by Elections BC and
- Bill Clarke in Vancouver Quilchena - he was a federal MP from 1972 ro 1984 for the PCs until he was one of two PCs defeated in the 1984 election
- Christine Clark in Burnaby Lougheed - she ran for the party in the Port Moody Coquitlam by-election and has served on the party executive in the last year.
- Mike Patras in Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows - he has been an annouced candidate for sometime and had been fully registered with Elections BC as a BC Conservative candidate
Rob Herbert in Vancouver West Enddropped as a candidate over the weekend by the party
- Wayne Marklund in Burnaby North - he had been their announced candidate for the riding since February 1st